Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cash/Children/In-app Purchases

I’ve set up Apple Cash for my son without issue. However, when he makes an in-app purchase (that I have approved) the $ still comes out of my account and not his own.

He has the money in his Apple Cash account … why is it still charging me?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 1:55 PM

In-App purchases will not directly use Apple Cash or any other payment method in the wallet App when in Family Sharing. They will only use the available Apple ID balance, or the Family Organizer's payment methods.

You would need to add funds to his Apple ID. Make sure the Apple Cash card is set as the default payment method in wallet, and then follow the steps in the link below.

click here ➜ Add money to your Apple Account balance - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 1:55 PM in response to KnoHype

In-App purchases will not directly use Apple Cash or any other payment method in the wallet App when in Family Sharing. They will only use the available Apple ID balance, or the Family Organizer's payment methods.

You would need to add funds to his Apple ID. Make sure the Apple Cash card is set as the default payment method in wallet, and then follow the steps in the link below.

click here ➜ Add money to your Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Apple Cash/Children/In-app Purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.