Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Store Credit Family Sharing

When I send monies to my Apple ID, I can use it without any issues. But I sent my child $25 for his birthday and he’s not been able to use it. It asks him/me to verify it and then asks for credit card information.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 4:19 AM

If you are the family organizer you must always have a valid payment method such as a credit card on file, even if it is a family member making a purchase. Read this document about how to view your current payment types and add Apple ID payment methods on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If an item appears in red then it is no longer working and you either need to replace it or get it working again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 4:19 AM in response to abbottgirl

If you are the family organizer you must always have a valid payment method such as a credit card on file, even if it is a family member making a purchase. Read this document about how to view your current payment types and add Apple ID payment methods on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If an item appears in red then it is no longer working and you either need to replace it or get it working again.

Apple Store Credit Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.