Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after upgrading to ipad os 16.3.2 wifi is no longer working

after upgrading to ipad os 16.3.2 wifi is no longer working, the ipad gen 5 is not longer receiving any wifi network and is corrupt.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:35 PM

13 replies

Feb 21, 2023 11:22 PM in response to Dirk Hofmans

Dirk Hofmans Said:

"after upgrading to ipad os 16.3.2 wifi is no longer working: Did this already but It stays as it is: no WiFi signaal is recieved and the WiFi icon is not shown. And the slider in WiFi settings cannot be slided to the right."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

V. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Feb 21, 2023 4:10 PM in response to Dirk Hofmans

iPadOS 16.3.1 is current. If you have installed a later beta version of iPadOS, you should have expectation of encountering bugs and other issues.

If you are currently enrolled in a beta programme and wish to return to using the current production version, this support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Feb 22, 2023 1:58 AM in response to Dirk Hofmans

Dirk Hofmans wrote:

Been there, Done that. I re-installed everything including iPadOS 16.3.1 via iTunes. But still the problem with WiFi and Bluetooth remains. WiFi slider is still grayed out and cannot be slided to the right. Bluetooth is searching but jumps each time to off.

Given the recovery steps performed, including restoring your iPad to Factory Settings, if the problem remains you likely have an unrecoverable error or hardware fault.

Your iPad requires repair. Before proceeding, ensure that you have a current backup of the iPad created on your PC or Mac computer - this being the only method by which you can now backup your iPad.

At this point you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. If the problem cannot be resolved by Apple’s technicians, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your available options.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Feb 21, 2023 4:22 PM in response to LotusPilot

I am not in a beta program, sorry I made a typo, it had to be 16.3.1. Also, it is not only wifi that is bricked after the upgrade, also bluetooth is no longer working. I cannot do anything with the device any more. And I can also not downgrade to 16.3.0 as this is no longer available for installation via itunes. It is an ipad gen 5 and was working perfect.

Feb 22, 2023 1:25 AM in response to Dirk Hofmans

Dirk Hofmans Said:

"after upgrading to ipad os 16.3.2 wifi is no longer working: Been there, Done that. I re-installed everything including iPadOS 16.3.1 via iTunes. But still the problem with WiFi and Bluetooth remains. WiFi slider is still grayed out and cannot be slided to the right. Bluetooth is searching but jumps each time to off.

———-

A Few Images May Help:

Can you reply back with a couple of screenshots, or maybe put a screen recording video on YouTube for this to be looked at? Almost seems like it is a no-go. But, we’ll give it what we can.

after upgrading to ipad os 16.3.2 wifi is no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.