Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have money in my account and im logged into my apple id but i can't download apps or purchase anything and ut says payment method declined

how can you fix this

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:56 PM

This document explains how to add Apple ID payment methods on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC; click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If an item appears in red then it is no longer working and you either need to replace it or get it working again.

Check this resource about what to do if your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store. Click here --> If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

- Apple is checking with your financial institution if the payment method is valid and receiving a negative response. Make sure the name and address are entered exactly as it appears on your financial institution bills and that the 3 digit CVV is correct. Check with your financial institution about the status of your card.

- Make sure your payment method is up to date or to try a different one ( If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support ).

- Make sure this is one of the payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID ( Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support ) A solution may be to use a method from the same country as the store you are using, but Apple no longer states either way if this is a requirement (it used to say, "Make sure that the billing address for your payment method matches the billing address for your Apple ID" but has now downsized this to "You might need to ask your financial institution to allow international purchases on your debit or credit card." in: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support .)

・Unfortunately the list is somewhat general and does not list individual brands of cards (I guess there are too many and are constantly changing).

・Also read any footnotes in the document.

・Finally, note that the document only says which methods _are_ acceptable. Apparently certain types (usually a credit or debit card) _must_ also be present under certain situations such as when a subscription is involved.

If you still have problems, contact official Apple Support. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world, in this article --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you're in India, click on this link to read an April 2022 notice 'About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India' --> About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India - Apple Support

Additional verification that may be required when making purchases in Europe --> About billing and purchases in Europe - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 3:56 PM in response to l_auren1

This document explains how to add Apple ID payment methods on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC; click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If an item appears in red then it is no longer working and you either need to replace it or get it working again.

Check this resource about what to do if your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store. Click here --> If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

- Apple is checking with your financial institution if the payment method is valid and receiving a negative response. Make sure the name and address are entered exactly as it appears on your financial institution bills and that the 3 digit CVV is correct. Check with your financial institution about the status of your card.

- Make sure your payment method is up to date or to try a different one ( If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support ).

- Make sure this is one of the payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID ( Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support ) A solution may be to use a method from the same country as the store you are using, but Apple no longer states either way if this is a requirement (it used to say, "Make sure that the billing address for your payment method matches the billing address for your Apple ID" but has now downsized this to "You might need to ask your financial institution to allow international purchases on your debit or credit card." in: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support .)

・Unfortunately the list is somewhat general and does not list individual brands of cards (I guess there are too many and are constantly changing).

・Also read any footnotes in the document.

・Finally, note that the document only says which methods _are_ acceptable. Apparently certain types (usually a credit or debit card) _must_ also be present under certain situations such as when a subscription is involved.

If you still have problems, contact official Apple Support. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world, in this article --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you're in India, click on this link to read an April 2022 notice 'About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India' --> About billing for Apple subscriptions and media products in India - Apple Support

Additional verification that may be required when making purchases in Europe --> About billing and purchases in Europe - Apple Support

i have money in my account and im logged into my apple id but i can't download apps or purchase anything and ut says payment method declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.