Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renting movies on AppleTV/iTunes

On my AppleTV, when I click on rent or purchase in iTunes for a movie, I see the options to “Confirm with Apple Device”, “Confirm with Password”, and “Cancel”. If I click on Confirm with Apple Device, OR tap the pop-up on my iPhone which says “Confirm Purchase”, I get an error saying “Payment not completed” and sent back to the movie screen. If I choose “Confirm with Password”, the AppleTV forces me to go to Settings to enter the password, and then I have to navigate back to the movie in iTunes. I can’t figure out how to fix this issue so I can either confirm with my phone or simply enter the password on a pop-up vs being sent to settings. Hoping someone else has had this issue and can help!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 11:55 AM

See if signing out, restarting and signing back in improves it. One the Apple TV in Settings>Users & Accounts>Your Name>Store.

1 reply

Renting movies on AppleTV/iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.