Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail no longer sending emails

I have a MacBook Pro and have used Apple Mail for years. 2 weeks ago I started receiving this message when sending an email "The sender address .................. was rejected by the server mobile.charter.net." I haven't been able to send an email since then. I can still receive emails. Any ideas as to how to resolve this? I'm very familiar with the SMTP settings I'm supposed to be using.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 5:47 AM

The connection doctor now shows that I'm connected to both SMTP and IMAP. Green lights on both. However, when I go to send an email I get an error " The sender address ................... was rejected by the server mobile.charter.net. The server response was: <................................> sender rejected "

Still receiving emails just fine.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 5:47 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

The connection doctor now shows that I'm connected to both SMTP and IMAP. Green lights on both. However, when I go to send an email I get an error " The sender address ................... was rejected by the server mobile.charter.net. The server response was: <................................> sender rejected "

Still receiving emails just fine.

Feb 22, 2023 7:02 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks for your help on this. I got into a chat with Spectrum today and we finally figured out that my SMTP needed password authentication and I had Authentication marked as "none". Once I added password authentication I could send emails through Apple mail. I appreciated your help on using the mail connection doctor and double clicking on the status light for server information.

Apple Mail no longer sending emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.