Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling Sound in AirPods Pro 2nd generation

Lately I have been getting a crackling sound in my AirPods Pro 2nd generation… anyone with similar issues?

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 1:34 AM

7 replies

Feb 23, 2023 1:31 AM in response to 01Sanket

anket Said:

"Crackling Sound in AirPods Pro 2nd generation: Yes I have tried and tested all the Troubleshooting… as given in above available links … but then too the issue still persist."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPod Hardware Issues:

Condensation:

Condensation can cause this. If used in th bottom level of the house, then humidity can gather (with is what a dehumidifier is intended for).

Is this covered under AppleCare?

If this is covered under AppleCare, then see about getting this serviced. Contact Apple Support from here for more.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

If the AirPods are not operating as they should, and it is less than one-yer old, then this is likely a faulty device. Either something is misconfigured, or the screen is failing. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty. So, rather than fiddle with this anymore contact Apple Support, and have this looked at. If found to be faulty, then the service would likely be nothing on you.

Apple Contact Us Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get throug

Feb 23, 2023 1:03 AM in response to 01Sanket

01Sanket Said:

"Crackling Sound in AirPods Pro 2nd generation: Lately I have been getting a crackling sound in my AirPods Pro 2nd generation… anyone with similar issues?"

-------

Troubleshooting Crackling AirPods:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro Make Crackling or Static Sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

Does it sound muffled? If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

Crackling Sound in AirPods Pro 2nd generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.