Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music gone after cancelling subscription?

Why would, after years of paying my subscription, the music I have downloaded on my iPod disappear?

I cancelled my membership at the beginning of the year, trying to cut down on spending in these crazy times

iPod Nano (6th Gen)

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:14 AM

Apple Music is a subscription service with rights to listen only while you are subscribed.

It's not possible, for example, to subscribe for a month or two and download as much as possible and then cancel and continue to listen to that music. That's the same, whether a month or two or years.

It differs from purchasing music from iTunes -- rights to that do not subscribe.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 8:14 AM in response to stella_rigby

Apple Music is a subscription service with rights to listen only while you are subscribed.

It's not possible, for example, to subscribe for a month or two and download as much as possible and then cancel and continue to listen to that music. That's the same, whether a month or two or years.

It differs from purchasing music from iTunes -- rights to that do not subscribe.

Music gone after cancelling subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.