Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop sharing from iPhone to iPad

Good morning,

I gave my iPad to my grandson so he can play his games, but my daughter is snooping and reading my messages and emails. Is there anything I can change from my iPhone to stop this from happening since I don't have the iPad in my possession? I don't want her reading any messages, emails or anything for that matter. By the way, my iPad is no longer showing as a device on my iPhone :o(. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 9:25 AM

You can prevent Message Forwarding from your iPhone to your iPad - but this won’t inhibit access to messages already received by the iPad - or synchronised via iCloud.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - explicitly disable the iPad from the device list

Similarly, you’ll not be able to prevent access to your email without access to the iPad - or by changing your email account password(s).

If you are unable to retrieve the iPad and properly prepare the iPad for a new user, if your are concerned for your privacy - and to prevent access to sensitive information or data - you might be best advised to remotely wipe the iPad using Find My.

Open the Find My App on whichever device you have to hand - then select the Devices tab. From the list, identify the iPad that you wish to wipe - and Tap. This will open the management page - where you can select Erase This Device.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 9:25 AM in response to Lauriecb123

You can prevent Message Forwarding from your iPhone to your iPad - but this won’t inhibit access to messages already received by the iPad - or synchronised via iCloud.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - explicitly disable the iPad from the device list

Similarly, you’ll not be able to prevent access to your email without access to the iPad - or by changing your email account password(s).

If you are unable to retrieve the iPad and properly prepare the iPad for a new user, if your are concerned for your privacy - and to prevent access to sensitive information or data - you might be best advised to remotely wipe the iPad using Find My.

Open the Find My App on whichever device you have to hand - then select the Devices tab. From the list, identify the iPad that you wish to wipe - and Tap. This will open the management page - where you can select Erase This Device.

Stop sharing from iPhone to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.