Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Pandora directly from Apple Watch

How do you play Pandora music directly from Apple Watch? Every time I try to do so by choosing to play from "watch" on the app I am then asked to connect to a device. I do not want to connect to a device. I want to stream music on the watch. Moreover, this happens whether or not I am on wi-fi.

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 2:18 PM

Why do I need Bluetooth headphones or speakers to play audio directly from the watch itself? That does not make any sense.

3 replies

Feb 22, 2023 2:25 PM in response to lsingh0728

The Apple Watch will not play music from its own speakers. It will ONLY play music and podcasts via Bluetooth attached devices.

The Apple Watch does not have the battery life to continuously play music via its speakers. It would die and need to be recharged very quickly.

Playing music is worse than using the Apple Watch as a speaker phone, as normal phone conversations have you speaking which means the speaker is quiet during that time. Playing music, the speaker would very rarely be quiet, and would be constantly drawing limited battery power.

Playing Pandora directly from Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.