Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro max slow charging since upgrade to 16.3 (super slow COMPARATIVELY for going from 90-100%)

Dear community,

I have observed that since upgrading my phone iPhone 14 pro max to iOS 16.3, my phone is taking much longer time to charge. For charging from 0 to 100%, before the upgrade, it was taking around 1h40 mins while now it is taking around 2h15 mins. The slowness is mostly when the phone has reached 90%, it takes more than an hour for the phone from that point to reach 100% while before the upgrade it was taking around 40 mins. I observed the similar problem when I upgraded from 16.1 to 16.2 but the problem subsided after some time. This time it has been over a month but the problem remains the same.

I keep the optimised charging off. I have tried the restart of the phone, restore of all settings, restore of the phone itself but nothing seems to have helped.

This might not be an issue for most of you but it has been bothering me.

Has anybody observed similar issue? Any help related to this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 12:32 PM

It sounds as if you may have optimized charging enabled. This will, based on your usage patterns, charge your phone to 80% and then trickle charge it until it reaches 100%. This will help maximize your battery's lifespan.

See here:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 12:32 PM in response to harishvgupta

It sounds as if you may have optimized charging enabled. This will, based on your usage patterns, charge your phone to 80% and then trickle charge it until it reaches 100%. This will help maximize your battery's lifespan.

See here:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

Feb 22, 2023 1:21 PM in response to harishvgupta

If Apple ran diagnostics and says there's nothing wrong with the battery, I would be inclined to believe them. Put the phone on to charge before you go to bed at night (with optimized sharing enabled). It will be ready to go in the morning and you'll never notice how long it takes. Plus, your phone will back up to iCloud if you've got that enabled and the phone is connected to WiFi. See the link I posted above on best charging practices.

iPhone 14 pro max slow charging since upgrade to 16.3 (super slow COMPARATIVELY for going from 90-100%)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.