Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get more storage?

I need to get backup storage. Please help

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:05 PM

If you're referring to iCloud backups, click here and follow the instructions, or remove other files from your storage.

If you're referring to computer backups, move or delete content from the internal drive.

(235146)

8 replies

Feb 22, 2023 8:28 PM in response to 22gwinett

22gwinett Said:

"How can I get more storage?: I need to get backup storage. Please help"

-------

For Thought...

Clear some space, to that the backup is not as large...

Clear Internal Space.

Clearing cookies with clear Safari issues; Clearing media will make things load faster; and clearing caches will clear settings issues.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Connect to your Computer, and perform the following:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performed through use of a computer.

Feb 22, 2023 8:29 PM in response to 22gwinett

22gwinett Said:

"How can I get more storage?: I need to get backup storage. Please help"

-------

About Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan.

So, what to do:

Find out on my two user tips:

Feb 22, 2023 8:22 PM in response to 22gwinett

Go to settings>touch your name (applied)> scroll & hit iCloud. That’ll show you what’s taking up all your data. Pictures & apps take a lot! Contacts & instant messages can use a lot of data! Try deleting unnecessary photos, apps, contacts or just look at your storage. I’ve left an example of mine and you can see in yellow. I have a ton of pictures. Under the barcode you can click manage storage in for $.99 a month you get an extra 5GB by upgrading your storage plan. Or eliminate the main things. Good-luck!

Feb 22, 2023 8:33 PM in response to 22gwinett

go to settings>appleID (your name)>click iCloud > it’ll show you how much data is being used and its color coordinated. Most of the time photos are your biggest issues. You could upgrade your plan by again “manage account storage ” on the same page. I’ve included an so you can see what it will look like. Everything is color-coded and you can delete some unnecessary photos or apps that everyone’s different. I have extremely too many pictures! I had to upgrade for .99 a month through my cellular plan.. in my storage is still full lol good luck!

Feb 22, 2023 8:37 PM in response to 22gwinett

if you’re referring to iCloud, go to your settings>tough your name(appleID)>iCloud and you’ll see the same image I’ve posted. You can decide to delete whatever is taking up the most space because everything is color-coded pretty self-explanatory or you can upgrade through your cellular plan. I had to upgrade and I’m still in the same position because I have way too many unnecessary photos.! Good luck to you.!

How can I get more storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.