Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes are not synced to my iMac

Why are Notes are not synced to my iMac. My iPhone and iPad are both synced. All my devices are signed in to my iCloud account. I can copy and paste between devices, including my iMac, but the iMac Notes are not updating when I modify Notes on my phone or iPad.

iMac

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 10:02 PM

Treefrogue Said:

"Notes are not synced to my iMac: This problem may have started after I updated to 13.2.1 on my iMac, or iOS 16.3.1 on my iOS devices.[...]"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing and update, and how you have troubleshot it this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 10:02 PM in response to Treefrogue

Treefrogue Said:

"Notes are not synced to my iMac: This problem may have started after I updated to 13.2.1 on my iMac, or iOS 16.3.1 on my iOS devices.[...]"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing and update, and how you have troubleshot it this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Feb 22, 2023 9:55 PM in response to TheLittles

Problem solved! For some reason, it took enabling the "Find My Mac" option in the iCloud settings of my iMac. That seemed to kick-start the Notes syncing (which had been enabled in iCloud settings all along). I saw them start to update the second I enabled "Find My Mac".

I hadn't enabled "Find My Mac" before because I haven't ever misplaced my iMac, it is always in the same place.

Anyway, Notes are now back to normal (staying synced between all my devices), and going forward, I will always be able to learn the location of my iMac.

Feb 22, 2023 8:55 PM in response to Treefrogue

Treefrogue Said:

"Notes are not synced to my iMac: Why are Notes are not synced to my iMac. My iPhone and iPad are both synced. All my devices are signed in to my iCloud account. I can copy and paste between devices, including my iMac, but the iMac Notes are not updating when I modify Notes on my phone or iPad."

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Notes:

New iCloud Sessions:

Log out of iCloud on all of your devices, then log back in, one device at a time. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

Feb 22, 2023 9:19 PM in response to Treefrogue

This problem may have started after I updated to 13.2.1 on my iMac, or iOS 16.3.1 on my iOS devices. In trying to solve this problem, I tried turning on "Enable the On My Mac account". Now I don't have the option to choose iCloud as my default account on my Mac's Notes app. Unchecking "Enable the On My Mac account" doesn't bring back the option to choose iCloud as the default app on my iMac.

Notes are not synced to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.