Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What causes the flashing folder Mac?

I'd like to know why my vantage Mac book and PowerMac G5 will not load the leopard 10.5 installation disk after reformatting their hard drives some research dictates that there are some firmware codes on the disk that are installed to the computers hardware which unlocks its ability to boat can you confirm this What causes the flashing folder Mac?

A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn't contain a working Mac operating system. If the question mark is persistent, and your Mac does not start up normally: Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.Aug 4, 2022

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 6:44 AM

This is crazy because I've been trying some different things and I got a hold of the tiger DVD the supposed to be three of them and the first one loads starts to spin up in the optical drive lights flashing then leaves the flashing folder and? To the apple symbol then it starts thinking that it goes to the gray screen of death and the fans rev up and the optical tray will not open until I unplug it and restart it could you imagine the horror?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 6:44 AM in response to clifton952

This is crazy because I've been trying some different things and I got a hold of the tiger DVD the supposed to be three of them and the first one loads starts to spin up in the optical drive lights flashing then leaves the flashing folder and? To the apple symbol then it starts thinking that it goes to the gray screen of death and the fans rev up and the optical tray will not open until I unplug it and restart it could you imagine the horror?

What causes the flashing folder Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.