Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud Music Library won't sync, Apple Music broke on MBP M1 Max...

Getting unknown error (4007) "genius results can't be updated right now", and my recent additions to my local library are not being synced to match and show on other devices. Also unable to add Apple Music albums to my library from this MBP, just gets a spinning icon and doesn't add to cloud library, this issue is what I first noticed.

Tried signing out of account in Music app, and signing back in now my cloud library no longer shows up in Apple Music. Same 4007 genius results error code, but doesn't mention the fact my cloud library isn't loading.

MacOS 12.6.3, noticed issue on 12.6.2 and upgraded to see if it helped. No change.

Rebooted router, switch, 10GbE TB interface and MBP M1 Max 16", but didn't help.

Music is working fine on iPhone and Apple TV 4K and iPad, and until very recently no issue on this MBP.

Nothing has changed recently for me software or hardware wise. 🤷‍♂️

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:07 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 23, 2023 9:02 PM in response to Dr. Rek

Same issue(s) right now on a 2020 M1 Mac mini. Cannot upload songs, and it will not synchronize no matter what I do. I seem to be able to add Apple Music content to my library but I cannot upload my own files. I get the same "4007" error code. I have never had an issue like this until today. I assume it's related to the outages reported earlier today, but that was reported as fixed...

Would love this to be resolved soon.

Cloud Music Library won't sync, Apple Music broke on MBP M1 Max...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.