Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to also have an e-sim plan on a dual-sim iPhone? That is if I have a dual-sim iPhone 14, would I still be able to purchase an e-sim plan from an e-sim provider and use it at the same time as the other two?

I have an iPhone 11 Pro-max, dual-sim cards and wanted to purchase an e-sim plan while traveling abroad. Unfortunately, that wasn't an available option. I am considering upgrading to an iPhone 14 pro (purchased outside the USA, and that also has physical dual-sim slots). My question is whether I will be able to use the e-sim capability on this new iPhone (even it it deactivates one of the two physical sims) or whether this would not be an option at all; thanks for any feedback!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 11:21 PM

Yes, you will be able to use the eSIM capability on a Dual SIM iPhone 14 Pro. You will only be able to use two lines at a time. This could be a combination of a Physical SIM and an eSIM or two eSIMs etc.

Axel F.

3 replies

Is it possible to also have an e-sim plan on a dual-sim iPhone? That is if I have a dual-sim iPhone 14, would I still be able to purchase an e-sim plan from an e-sim provider and use it at the same time as the other two?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.