Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does apple support give any information on creating or editing "close contacts"

Apple is a wonderful platform but finding help topics on the various tools is poor to non existent. On my MacBook I have a list of my "Contacts" (containing phone email and other contact info. On the left is a panel allowing me to choose: All Contacts, All iCloud & Close Contacts. Nowhere in help or apple support does it tell me how to create or edit the "Close Contact" designated entries. Why does Apple not help me?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:34 AM

I believe you are talking about the "Contacts" application. If not, please clarify.

You can create as many groups (or lists, as they are now called) as you want. It is very simple to create a list, and it is very simple to add a contact to a list: just drag it. It works similarly to albums in Photos, or in Music.

For example, in the image I have a list called "ABC" - created purely as an example; I also have many others that I actually use, for coworkers in certain projects, for mates in sport, for family members, whatever.

Note that I have selected the "All iCloud" list, which contains all the contacts created in my iCloud account.

To add one to "ABC", all I have to is DRAG it from the second column onto the name of the list.

At any point, I can see the members of ABC just by selecting it:

I also could e-mail everyone in the list ABC just by entering ABC in the destination area in Mail.

And more....

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 8:34 AM in response to david00952

I believe you are talking about the "Contacts" application. If not, please clarify.

You can create as many groups (or lists, as they are now called) as you want. It is very simple to create a list, and it is very simple to add a contact to a list: just drag it. It works similarly to albums in Photos, or in Music.

For example, in the image I have a list called "ABC" - created purely as an example; I also have many others that I actually use, for coworkers in certain projects, for mates in sport, for family members, whatever.

Note that I have selected the "All iCloud" list, which contains all the contacts created in my iCloud account.

To add one to "ABC", all I have to is DRAG it from the second column onto the name of the list.

At any point, I can see the members of ABC just by selecting it:

I also could e-mail everyone in the list ABC just by entering ABC in the destination area in Mail.

And more....

Why does apple support give any information on creating or editing "close contacts"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.