Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trojan Virus Notifications

I was on my computer a few nights ago and I got a bunch of notifications saying that my icloud is hacked and there is a trojan virus on my computer. I havent downloaded anything new or been on any sketchy sites. I tried to look it up and see what to do but nothing is coming up for my type of sitiuation. I also see now in the notification section as well as in settings that I need to confirm I am not a robot, which I have never seen this before. I haven't clicked on any of these notifications because I don't know if this is real or not. Are these real?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:14 AM

Follow previous advise First

Additional info

Check in Safari >> Settings >> Websites >> Notifications

Has the user possible enable a Site, in error to give Notifications

image below

If some Third Party Security Software is installed on this machine, refer to possible candidates to be removed by the Developers Instructions

Third Party Security Software 

This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus 

Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus

McAfee

Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard,

Webroot ,

ESET ,

Avira ,

AVG AntiVirus  

avira antivirus 

Trustee  

AntiVirus for Mac

F-Secure

Securemac

Cylance

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 8:14 AM in response to Dodge_392_0731

Follow previous advise First

Additional info

Check in Safari >> Settings >> Websites >> Notifications

Has the user possible enable a Site, in error to give Notifications

image below

If some Third Party Security Software is installed on this machine, refer to possible candidates to be removed by the Developers Instructions

Third Party Security Software 

This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus 

Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus

McAfee

Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard,

Webroot ,

ESET ,

Avira ,

AVG AntiVirus  

avira antivirus 

Trustee  

AntiVirus for Mac

F-Secure

Securemac

Cylance

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

Apr 4, 2023 9:14 AM in response to Dodge_392_0731

I got this Macfee blocking my Safari page, I shut down the computer and searched for it in utilities, was not there, I deleted all Safari history, at last, I follow your suggestion and in Safari settings-websites I deleted the grey icon system preferences alerts, which have disappeard from my notifications centre as well. I hope it doesn't return.

Feb 24, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Dodge_392_0731

Dodge_392_0731 wrote:

I was on my computer a few nights ago and I got a bunch of notifications saying that my icloud is hacked and there is a trojan virus on my computer. I havent downloaded anything new or been on any sketchy sites. I tried to look it up and see what to do but nothing is coming up for my type of sitiuation. I also see now in the notification section as well as in settings that I need to confirm I am not a robot, which I have never seen this before. I haven't clicked on any of these notifications because I don't know if this is real or not. Are these real?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c1c320ba-4824-4905-ab6c-750ecbb82175

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d37c4273-dd8c-402b-8b59-9f518f93366d

ref:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls ...

Third party AntiVirus is not recommended— it typically does nothing but add issues to the macOS and competes directly with Apple’s own built in security:

macOS - Security - Apple macOS - Security - Apple

Apple Platform Security - Apple Apple Platform Security - Apple Support

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

Trojan Virus Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.