Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iTunes library to iCloud (for use on other devices)

How can I (is it possible to) transfer my entire iTunes library (from my old computer - a PC running Windows 7) to iCloud so I can access it on other (Apple) devices? If it's possible to transfer the entire library, is it possible to do the transfer without "plugging in" a device to make the sync option appear? I'd like to deactivate that computer from iTunes so I can activate my (new) MacBook Pro? I'd prefer not to lose anything I've collected over the years. FYI. My MacOS is Ventura 13.2.1.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:49 AM

A subscription to iTunes Match or Apple Music should do this for you, although that doesn't necessarily capture all the media you might have added to iTunes, and in some cases you might end up with slightly different versions, e.g. clean vs. explicit. Both services support cloud syncing of your library to your iOS devices so that you see the same collection of tracks and playlists everywhere. See also Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community to move the library over manually. Neither Apple Music not iTunes Match should be treated as a backup, so this might be a good time to create one.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 8:49 AM in response to Rholmes987

A subscription to iTunes Match or Apple Music should do this for you, although that doesn't necessarily capture all the media you might have added to iTunes, and in some cases you might end up with slightly different versions, e.g. clean vs. explicit. Both services support cloud syncing of your library to your iOS devices so that you see the same collection of tracks and playlists everywhere. See also Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community to move the library over manually. Neither Apple Music not iTunes Match should be treated as a backup, so this might be a good time to create one.

tt2

Transfer iTunes library to iCloud (for use on other devices)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.