Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15" Screen Discoloration

The screen on my 2017 MacBook is discolored to where everything has a drop shadow and a darker hue. However, when I click command+5 to screenshot, everything outside of the screenshot window is back to its normal color, while everything inside the screenshot window is still discolored.

How can I fix this?

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 2:56 PM

Try and boot the mac in the safe mode to see if the problem persists If it persists in the safe mode you want to review the external software you have installed on your mac

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

If the issue persists in safe mode it is most likely a hardware issue, Contact - Official Apple Support to set up hardware service for your device

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 2:56 PM in response to abc_need_help

Try and boot the mac in the safe mode to see if the problem persists If it persists in the safe mode you want to review the external software you have installed on your mac

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

If the issue persists in safe mode it is most likely a hardware issue, Contact - Official Apple Support to set up hardware service for your device

MacBook Pro 15" Screen Discoloration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.