Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot comes out dark on mac mini

When I use the screenshot app, the image that's generated is very dark, as compared with the original display. What can I do to fix this?

For instance, my screen appears white as I enter this post. However, a screen grab of the post is very grey. This makes the app pretty much unusable for me.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 8:14 AM

Hi there,

I have resolved the problem. It was due to a brightness slider I had installed on my toolbar. It seems brightness must be set at 100% for the Mac OS provided Screenshot application to work correctly.

Thanks very much to Apple Support for helping me out (I had contacted them shortly after submitting my post).

:)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 8:14 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

Hi there,

I have resolved the problem. It was due to a brightness slider I had installed on my toolbar. It seems brightness must be set at 100% for the Mac OS provided Screenshot application to work correctly.

Thanks very much to Apple Support for helping me out (I had contacted them shortly after submitting my post).

:)

Nov 9, 2020 7:41 AM in response to new_mac_amateur

Hey there new_mac_amateur,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having some issues using a screenshot app. We're happy to provide some assistance.

To clarify, is this a third-party app? If so, we recommend contacting the app developer:

How to contact an app developer

To take a screenshot on your Mac, take a look here:

Take a screenshot on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Screenshot comes out dark on mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.