Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset Apple Magic Keyboard with Numpad? (Model MQ052LL/A)

So I've been trying to factory reset my Apple Magic Keyboard With Numpad (Model MQ052LL/A) so I can make sure it's not paired with ANY computer, and the next time someone turns it on it will be like a brand-new keyboard.

But the only thing I can find are instructions telling me to Shift-Option-Click the Bluetooth icon on my Mac, then clicking Debug (which DOESN'T EXIST) and then resetting it in the debug menu.

So what am I doing wrong? Where is the Debug menu? I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that this Mac is running Ventura, and they probably moved the stupid debug menu somewhere else, but I can't find it.

I just want to factory-reset this keyboard so the next user will be able to pair it properly with their Mac. Apparently when they try to pair it with their Mac, it ends up looking for my Mac, and it won't pair with anything.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 1:24 PM

It's not a "press-button-to-turn-on" keyboard. It has a slider switch. Is there a key I can hold down while flipping the switch to the 'on' position? Also, there's no LED anywhere on the keyboard -- nothing to flash green. It's this model here: Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad for Mac models - Apple

Thanks,

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2023 1:24 PM in response to leroydouglas

It's not a "press-button-to-turn-on" keyboard. It has a slider switch. Is there a key I can hold down while flipping the switch to the 'on' position? Also, there's no LED anywhere on the keyboard -- nothing to flash green. It's this model here: Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad for Mac models - Apple

Thanks,

Feb 26, 2023 1:33 PM in response to Laurence5905

Laurence5905 wrote:

Thanks,

You can call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Feb 26, 2023 10:35 AM in response to Laurence5905

Laurence5905 wrote:

So I've been trying to factory reset my Apple Magic Keyboard With Numpad (Model MQ052LL/A) so I can make sure it's not paired with ANY computer, and the next time someone turns it on it will be like a brand-new keyboard.

But the only thing I can find are instructions telling me to Shift-Option-Click the Bluetooth icon on my Mac, then clicking Debug (which DOESN'T EXIST) and then resetting it in the debug menu.

So what am I doing wrong? Where is the Debug menu? I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that this Mac is running Ventura, and they probably moved the stupid debug menu somewhere else, but I can't find it.

I just want to factory-reset this keyboard so the next user will be able to pair it properly with their Mac.

Apparently when they try to pair it with their Mac, it ends up looking for my Mac, and it won't pair with anything.

Debug was removed several macOS ago—no longer available.

Try turning the keyboard off.

When you press to turn on to keep holding it down until it flashes grn—this is a factory reset

the best you can do with Bluetooth in today's macOS—

>System Settings> use the search feature

Factory reset Apple Magic Keyboard with Numpad? (Model MQ052LL/A)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.