Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move Data from Android error

I get the “Unable to migrate. Try again later.” error when I try to transfer data from an old Android phone to iPhone. Why and what can I do?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 12:49 PM

6 replies

Feb 26, 2023 1:49 PM in response to apple_mac_user_01

Hello apple_mac_user_01,

We recommend reviewing all the steps listed in the following support article for moving to iPhone. Specifically, be sure both devices are as up-to-date as possible and then try the following: Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"If you need help with the transfer

• Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won't transfer.
  • On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection, like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then find Wi-Fi in Settings, touch and hold each known network, and forget the network. Then try the transfer again.
  • Restart both of your devices and try again.
  • On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again."

Best regards.

Move Data from Android error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.