You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music for Xbox Series X

Hello. I was ecstatic about Microsoft adding Apple Music to the App Store and I was able to happily play my music while playing video games until a few weeks ago.

I am now getting a message stating “Network Unavailable” and further stating that “There were errors with this connection. Wait a moment, then try again.”

I have attempted to remedy this problem by force stopping the app and then repeatedly uninstalling/reinstalling it, but nothing works. I can’t use my Apple app any longer and I’m really sad about this! Please help!!!!

XboxSeriesX

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 6:08 PM

Hello catina1973,

We have a great support article that might help with this. Please take a look at it here: Get the Apple Music app on your smart TV, game console, or streaming device - Apple Support. Follow this guidance to set it up:

"Set up the Apple Music app

1. Go to your device's app store and download the Apple Music app. If you don't see the Apple Music app, then your device might not be supported or the Apple Music app isn't available in your country or region.
      2. Open the Apple Music app.
      3. Follow the onscreen steps to sign in with your Apple ID and complete setup:
      • Sign in using your mobile device: Use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code on your screen. Then follow the instructions on your mobile device to sign in with your Apple ID and finish setup.
      • Manually sign in: Use your remote or controller to sign in with your Apple ID in the Apple Music app or web browser and finish setup.

Some content in your music library might not be available in the Apple Music app on your smart TV, game console, or streaming device."

If the issues persist and you still cannot use Apple Music, we advise reaching out to Microsoft directly for more assistance in setup and configuration of the app: Microsoft Xbox - Contact Us.

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2023 6:08 PM in response to catina1973

Hello catina1973,

We have a great support article that might help with this. Please take a look at it here: Get the Apple Music app on your smart TV, game console, or streaming device - Apple Support. Follow this guidance to set it up:

"Set up the Apple Music app

1. Go to your device's app store and download the Apple Music app. If you don't see the Apple Music app, then your device might not be supported or the Apple Music app isn't available in your country or region.
      2. Open the Apple Music app.
      3. Follow the onscreen steps to sign in with your Apple ID and complete setup:
      • Sign in using your mobile device: Use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code on your screen. Then follow the instructions on your mobile device to sign in with your Apple ID and finish setup.
      • Manually sign in: Use your remote or controller to sign in with your Apple ID in the Apple Music app or web browser and finish setup.

Some content in your music library might not be available in the Apple Music app on your smart TV, game console, or streaming device."

If the issues persist and you still cannot use Apple Music, we advise reaching out to Microsoft directly for more assistance in setup and configuration of the app: Microsoft Xbox - Contact Us.

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

Apple Music for Xbox Series X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.