Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update my iPhone 6s Plus

How do I update my iPhone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 7:26 PM

Howdy! Unfortunately, the iPhone 6s Plus is no longer supported, meaning that it will only occasionally get security updates for critical issues. The last iOS version available on the iPhone 6s Plus is iOS 15.7.3.

If you're on a version below that, then open the "Settings" app, click "General", then "Software Update". iOS will then search for any available update, which you can then download and install or download and install later.

Here's some more information about software updates from Apple:

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 7:26 PM in response to okechukwu32

Howdy! Unfortunately, the iPhone 6s Plus is no longer supported, meaning that it will only occasionally get security updates for critical issues. The last iOS version available on the iPhone 6s Plus is iOS 15.7.3.

If you're on a version below that, then open the "Settings" app, click "General", then "Software Update". iOS will then search for any available update, which you can then download and install or download and install later.

Here's some more information about software updates from Apple:

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

Feb 25, 2023 7:41 PM in response to okechukwu32

okechukwu32 Said:

"I can’t update my iPhone 6s Plus"

-------

Updating an iPhone 6s Plus:

What is your current iOS? You cannot update your iPhone model(6s Plus) past iOS12.

As for methods of updating, In general...

Read MY Two User Tips:

Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update.

I can’t update my iPhone 6s Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.