Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music and "other devices"

I just purchased Apple Music and was thrilled to see my old huge iTunes music collection appear in the playlist "For (my name)". It was lost years ago when the hard drive on a previous computer was destroyed by a huge water spill. That was several computers ago - the collection began way, way back. It was stored somewhere in Apple's innards back before the cloud I guess - it's never shown up in my cloud drive on any accounts that I remember, and the iTunes applications in subsequent Macs were bare, even old ones that I was able to locate in files.

So now I have my music back, I played it all day yesterday, but the icon in the sidebar bounced all day with the message, "If you want to keep listening to (this song) stop listening to it on another device." I live alone, I don't share anything in my computer with anyone and the only other device I have is my iphone, which I only use for texts and phone calls. I haven't synced music with it but "use listening history" is turned on in it. I never listen to music from my iphone. Apple Music did ask me if I wanted to merge when I first purchased it, no idea but I said yes.

I'm really afraid of losing access to all of my music again! I don't even want to restart the computer. What's going on and how do I fix it? Definitely no other device is playing my music and the Apple Music App isn't even on my iPhone. I do have a smrt TV to which I cast and mirror from my Mac, but nothing to do with music. I listen on a bluetooth speaker. (I've read responses to this issue in the community - no help.)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 5:42 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 27, 2023 10:40 AM in response to BeccaJC1212

Hello BeccaJC1212,

For help with Apple Music, check seeing where you are signed in the steps below found in the article here: Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in

"Use your Mac to find where you're signed in

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings. In macOS Monterey or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences.
  2. Click your name. In macOS Montery or earlier, click Apple ID.
  3. On Mac, find devices that you're signed in to with your Apple ID in System Settings
  4. Click any device name to view that device's information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version. The information might vary depending on the device type. You might need to answer your security questions to view device details. "

If you see any devices you don't recognize be sure to remove them. Additionally you could certainly listen to music across all your devices with Sync Library, find out more here: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices

However, if you should continue to have an issue with the alert and there are no other unrecognized devices associated with your account reach out to Apple Support directly to check on your account and further assist.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Cheers.

Apple Music and "other devices"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.