Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Subscription Plans

If I cancel my iCloud subscription, do they downgrade my storage back to 5GB? If so, would that also mean that the files I uploaded during the said subscription plan will get deleted?

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 8:17 AM

If you cancel, your storage is downgraded to 5GB. For information about a cancelled iCloud storage plan, see the following from: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

What happens when you downgrade or cancel iCloud+

• If your iCloud storage exceeds your new storage plan capacity, iCloud won't sync or update your information. iCloud updates again when you increase your storage capacity or delete information to make more space. 
  • If you downgrade to the free iCloud plan, you will no longer have access to iCloud+ features like Hide My Email, Private Relay, and HomeKit Secure Video support.2
  • If you pay for both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can downgrade or cancel the iCloud+ plan and just use the iCloud+ plan included in Apple One.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 8:17 AM in response to el_444_

If you cancel, your storage is downgraded to 5GB. For information about a cancelled iCloud storage plan, see the following from: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

What happens when you downgrade or cancel iCloud+

• If your iCloud storage exceeds your new storage plan capacity, iCloud won't sync or update your information. iCloud updates again when you increase your storage capacity or delete information to make more space. 
  • If you downgrade to the free iCloud plan, you will no longer have access to iCloud+ features like Hide My Email, Private Relay, and HomeKit Secure Video support.2
  • If you pay for both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can downgrade or cancel the iCloud+ plan and just use the iCloud+ plan included in Apple One.

iCloud Subscription Plans

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.