Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 15.7.3 and iPadOS 15.7.3

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update my iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 15.7.3

why can i update ios15.7.3

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 8:26 AM

15.7.3 is the highest version available for your 7 year old phone. If you are asking how to update TO 15.7.3 go to Settings/General/Software Update and follow the instructions there.

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB free for iOS 15.x; more is better
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot)
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode and must have a cellular data connection
  • You cannot still have a beta version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 8:26 AM in response to meak0202

15.7.3 is the highest version available for your 7 year old phone. If you are asking how to update TO 15.7.3 go to Settings/General/Software Update and follow the instructions there.

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB free for iOS 15.x; more is better
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot)
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode and must have a cellular data connection
  • You cannot still have a beta version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

I can't update my iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 15.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.