Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone - changed password and now "Cookies are disabled" message when adding GMAIL account

I have never seen the answer to this question and all Apple responses say the same thing

• Cookies are enabled
  • Prevent cross tracking is switched off
  • I have cleared history and website data
  • I have changed the search engines (I have tried Google/Bing and DuckDuck)
  • I don't have a contents blocker/VPN

Can anyone help?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 9:56 AM

Right - I have answered this myself. In this case, I changed my gmail password on a laptop resulting in an account error message on my Iphone, when adding the gmail account back in, the password being picked up was the one saved in my Iphone (the old one) - nothing to do with cookies! I've entered the password manually, which automatically updating the password on the Iphone and it now works.

Hope this helps someone else.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2023 9:56 AM in response to corky 23

Right - I have answered this myself. In this case, I changed my gmail password on a laptop resulting in an account error message on my Iphone, when adding the gmail account back in, the password being picked up was the one saved in my Iphone (the old one) - nothing to do with cookies! I've entered the password manually, which automatically updating the password on the Iphone and it now works.

Hope this helps someone else.

Iphone - changed password and now "Cookies are disabled" message when adding GMAIL account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.