Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete child account

how do i delete a child account from my apple ID? I just set them up with their own Apple ID, but I didnt see anything to delete the old ID (which shares my Apple ID)

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 10:39 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2023 2:25 PM in response to frankieboyct

I am not clear why you did things that way. Why not just continue using the previous ID?

When you say, "how do i delete a child account from my apple ID", do you mean delete them from your family sharing group? See the article 'Leave [/Cancel] Family Sharing', click here--> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Shortcuts to:

- How to cancel it or remove anyone 13 or over if you are the organizer. --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

If your family includes children under 13 (age varies by country or region), you must first transfer them to a different Family Sharing group or request that Apple delete their accounts entirely.

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Or do you mean delete the account altogether?

From: How to delete your Apple ID account - How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Section: Can I delete my child’s account?

"Your child can also request deletion of their Apple ID, which requires your approval.

The approval request will be sent via email to the primary Apple ID email address of your family organizer account. When approving the request from this email, you will go through the process of deleting the child account."

delete child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.