Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get back the recent Download icon in the toolbar?

I had it previously.

Using macOS 13.2.1

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 2:57 PM

do you mean the recent download icon on safari's toolbar?

it will show up when you download something, and stay there until you clear it.

then it will be gone until you download something else.

7 replies

Feb 25, 2023 4:12 PM in response to x_user

Thank you for your reply. I followed your easy to follow instructions.

But it would not let me put it on the Safari tool bar because I did not have any recent downloads. I didn't think of that. Then another person sent a post that told me I needed a download for it to appear. I found an old email and downloaded its attachment. Then I got the download icon. I thought it used to be there all the time whether or not you had any recent downloads. I was wrong or Apple changed something.

Thank you for your help.

Feb 25, 2023 4:14 PM in response to jeffreythefrog

You solved my problem.

Safari would not let me put it on the Safari tool bar because I did not have any recent downloads. I didn't think of that. Then you sent a post that told me I needed a download for it to appear. I found an old email and downloaded its attachment. Then I got the download icon. I thought it used to be there all the time whether or not you had any recent downloads. I was wrong or Apple changed something.

Thank you for your help.

Feb 25, 2023 4:39 PM in response to x_user

Thank you for this info. I have learned a lot today about the download icon in the safari toolbar, which I have been using for many years without knowing about how it got there or how it disappeared.

Apple software has more setting than a nuclear submarine.

There are more setting I don't know about than the ones I do know about.

Thanks again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.