Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact form disappears while attempt to enter data for new contact

After + for a new contact and starting to enter data, the form suddenly disappears without saving any of the entered data. From reading questions on this topic in the community this has been going on since Big Sur, although I did not experience it until upgrading to Monterey. This has been going on for years and at least 3 major releases of MacOS.

The only response I saw that provided a solution that worked was to fine a 'No Name' entry at the end of the list of contacts and edit one to enter and save your information.

My question: Is Apple and its development team embarrassed to deploy software that performed this way?

iMac

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 4:20 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 27, 2023 11:20 AM in response to Barney-15E

Wow, that actually worked. Although it took a few google searches to find unrelated questions that indication a way to do that as Apple only has entries on how to delete individual contact entries from iCloud.

As others may have this problem: Apple icon > Preferences > Internet Accounts > Select iCloud > uncheck Contacts and then recheck Contacts.

Then it let me enter a new contact in a group that resides on another device. Thanks! Now I just need to clean up all the 'No Name' entries.

Contact form disappears while attempt to enter data for new contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.