Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app unable to control Hue lights

I’m having connectivity issues with Hue lights + HomeKit on the Deco x20 mesh network.

Brief run down:

Main Deco is plugged into router and wifi turned off on router. Internet works fine.

Hue hub is plugged into main Deco and hue app controls lights fine. Here’s the kicker, Google home also controls lights fine. Yet the Home app has the classic “No Response” on all lights. What am I missing? I know friends and family with a similar setup that seem to have it working no problem.

May or may not be of importance but I have two HomePod minis on the network which can double as hubs alongside the Hue hub. One works perfectly the other one is sketchy particularly with airplay, but then they are one of the most unreliable apple products I have ever experienced. Anyway, they are visible on the mesh network in the deco app which would suggest Apple products don’t dislike the mesh network.

I don’t know why I persist trying to find a solution when the Google Home app works so brilliantly, I liked using the home app for the Hue switch configuration and Siri integration. It was also a nice one stop shop for all my accessories to live not just Hue, but maybe this buggy problem is the final nail in the coffin for the apple “smart” ecosystem and I should move everything over to Google home.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:08 AM

Thanks for the response, but I have previously tried all of these things.

1 - I have reset the wifi many times, as previously stated the smart devices work in other apps so it’s a home app problem.

2 - I’ve deleted all smart devices from app and started again and this didn’t work, much to my frustration. You can probably imagine how annoyed I was when I removed hundreds of smart devices and readded them just to find it hadn’t fixed the problem.

3 - iPhone updated to latest OS

4 - devices all powered on and as previously stated they work through their native apps as well as Google’s home app.

5 - all these devices previously worked in my house with my current wifi setup, but the home app overnight decided it doesn’t want to work.

see below photos of Home app Vs Google Vs Hue

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Miche11e_P

Thanks for the response, but I have previously tried all of these things.

1 - I have reset the wifi many times, as previously stated the smart devices work in other apps so it’s a home app problem.

2 - I’ve deleted all smart devices from app and started again and this didn’t work, much to my frustration. You can probably imagine how annoyed I was when I removed hundreds of smart devices and readded them just to find it hadn’t fixed the problem.

3 - iPhone updated to latest OS

4 - devices all powered on and as previously stated they work through their native apps as well as Google’s home app.

5 - all these devices previously worked in my house with my current wifi setup, but the home app overnight decided it doesn’t want to work.

see below photos of Home app Vs Google Vs Hue

Feb 28, 2023 8:28 AM in response to mmontytaylor

Hi mmontytaylor,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that the Home app is displaying  “No Response” on your lights.

If all devices connected to Home are powered on, you may need to simply restart your Wi-Fi router and/or modem to get a response from your lights in the Home app.

If you're still unable to get a response, you can delete the accessories and set them up again.

If you need help to add an accessory after it's been deleted from the Home app, you can follow the steps outlined here: Add an accessory to the Home app - Apple Support

"Before you add an accessory

• Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  • Make sure that your accessory is powered on and nearby.
  • Check the accessory's manual to see if it needs additional hardware to work with HomeKit or Matter."

If you need additional assistance, you can reach Apple Support directly here: Contact Apple Support 

Take care!

Home app unable to control Hue lights

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.