Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery won't hold a charge and overheats

good afternoon

I’ve upgraded my phone to the iPhone 14 promax and ever since I got it now for a week the charge doesn’t last long and my phone overheats all the time

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 5:49 AM

Hey,

There are few factors that you might want to investigate yourself before sending it to Apple.

1. Your charging adapter (it is recommended that you use an official charging adapter from Apple)
  2. Your charging cable (genuine Apple charging cable is recommended)
  3. Your phone case (some phone cases are not good at dissipating heat, you should try removing them when charging)
  4. The environment (you should charge your phone in a normal room temperature)
  5. What you're doing while charging (running some tasks namely playing games, watching video may cause your phone to heat up, plus charging your phone does heat up itself too)

Note that your phone will not charge when its too hot, this is to prevent your phone battery getting damage.

If none of these help, please reach out to Apple.

To learn more about charging your device: Charge the iPhone battery - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 5:49 AM in response to Sarabay25

Hey,

There are few factors that you might want to investigate yourself before sending it to Apple.

1. Your charging adapter (it is recommended that you use an official charging adapter from Apple)
  2. Your charging cable (genuine Apple charging cable is recommended)
  3. Your phone case (some phone cases are not good at dissipating heat, you should try removing them when charging)
  4. The environment (you should charge your phone in a normal room temperature)
  5. What you're doing while charging (running some tasks namely playing games, watching video may cause your phone to heat up, plus charging your phone does heat up itself too)

Note that your phone will not charge when its too hot, this is to prevent your phone battery getting damage.

If none of these help, please reach out to Apple.

To learn more about charging your device: Charge the iPhone battery - Apple Support

iPhone battery won't hold a charge and overheats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.