Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Missing Music Media Files

I know lots of people say this, but I have no idea why all the files in Music are missing.

I do have to say I did empty the trash for the first time in well over a year, about 800 Gb. I have not even looked at a music file since I converted my iTunes Library to Music, along time ago.

So I can't come up with any reason why my media files would be in the trash.

I thought the easy fix would be to restore my ~/Music Folder, the whole folder via Time Machine but, the media files are still missing. In TM, I used a backup about a month old and I've used music recently and it worked fine, so a month should be good.

Any help as to how to recover media files in Music, via Time Machine would be appreciated.

Or, if my music files are not in the ~/Music Folder, and not deleted, where would they be.

iMac 27" 5K, iMac 27″

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 2:19 PM

I was able to get the media files back via Time Machine

Similar questions

1 reply

Recover Missing Music Media Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.