Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud back up

I have not used up my 5 GB of iCloud storage, but keep getting the message “iCloud cannot be backed up because it is full.” How can I fix this?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 12:21 AM

If your iCloud Backup takes up more than there is space in your iCloud, that is why you get that message. You can either choose to remove what is taking up space in iCloud to get more space, or you can choose to upgrade to iCloud+ and thus get more space in iCloud, so you don't have to delete anything.

Clean up iCloud here:

Settings Apple IDiCloudManage Account Storage

Buy more space in iCloud, find more information here:

iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 12:21 AM in response to Calando3

If your iCloud Backup takes up more than there is space in your iCloud, that is why you get that message. You can either choose to remove what is taking up space in iCloud to get more space, or you can choose to upgrade to iCloud+ and thus get more space in iCloud, so you don't have to delete anything.

Clean up iCloud here:

Settings Apple IDiCloudManage Account Storage

Buy more space in iCloud, find more information here:

iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

iCloud back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.