Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my folders say 'out of space'.

All my folders say 'out of space'. I want to store files on my computer. I'm supposed to click options to deselect desktop and documents, but I don't see anything labeled 'options' next to iCloud Drive as the article states. What should I do?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 5:12 PM

phillipfromfl wrote:

Thanks. The files all seem to be in my folders on my hard drive, but I don't know why my folders are labeled out of space. And I want to turn off I cloud storage for my documents, but I can't find where I click that button.

>System Settings drill into iCloud >iCloud Drive

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2023 5:12 PM in response to phillipfromfl

phillipfromfl wrote:

Thanks. The files all seem to be in my folders on my hard drive, but I don't know why my folders are labeled out of space. And I want to turn off I cloud storage for my documents, but I can't find where I click that button.

>System Settings drill into iCloud >iCloud Drive

Feb 26, 2023 4:57 PM in response to phillipfromfl

phillipfromfl wrote:

All my folders say 'out of space'. I want to store files on my computer. I'm supposed to click options to deselect desktop and documents, but I don't see anything labeled 'options' next to iCloud Drive as the article states. What should I do?

How iCloud+ works - Apple

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

if you are try to disable iCloud drive and get back to you computer—

How to Restore Your Desktop and Documents After Disabling ...

https://www.howtogeek.com/273629/how-to-restore-your-desktop-and-documents-after-disabling-icloud-sync-in-macos-sierra/

How to find your Documents and Desktop folder contents after disabling ...

https://www.macworld.com/article/3396119/how-to-find-your-documents-and-desktop-folder-contents-after-disabling-icloud-sync.html

From Finder>Go>Go to Folder>copy & paste:

~/iCloud Drive (Archive)

here you should find all your files.

All my folders say 'out of space'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.