Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera not supported by browser .

the message 'camera not supported by current browser' is all I see , and don't know what it means ??? sorry not very tech savvy ! this is all when trying to go live on Facebook w/ my Mac and the ZOOM q2n 4K stereo video cam (Mac is current mac OS Monterey 12.6.3).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 3:43 PM

Yours might be one of those questions best suited for official Apple Support. The reason is that it would be helpful to allow Apple to remotely examine your Mac (with your permission of course) so that they can see what you are doing and determine where the roadblock may be.

In the meantime please review the following Apple Support document, which may explain things better than I can:

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

"In Safari, to allow a website to use the camera, choose Safari > Settings, click Websites, then select Camera."

That's pretty much all I can suggest, and if it's not working as it describes then I'm out of ideas.

To contact Apple, start here: Contact - Official Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 3:43 PM in response to LC-HBomb

Yours might be one of those questions best suited for official Apple Support. The reason is that it would be helpful to allow Apple to remotely examine your Mac (with your permission of course) so that they can see what you are doing and determine where the roadblock may be.

In the meantime please review the following Apple Support document, which may explain things better than I can:

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

"In Safari, to allow a website to use the camera, choose Safari > Settings, click Websites, then select Camera."

That's pretty much all I can suggest, and if it's not working as it describes then I'm out of ideas.

To contact Apple, start here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Feb 26, 2023 5:52 PM in response to LC-HBomb

You have to explicitly grant consent for Safari to access your Mac's built-in FaceTime camera. To do that, select the Safari menu > Preferences... > Websites > Camera.

"Allow websites to access the camera with the settings below" will show a list of currently open websites for which you can specifically Allow or Deny use of that camera.

If you are using an external camera you probably need to consult its documentation.

For reference: Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

camera not supported by browser .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.