Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up custom domain with icloud for email.

Apple says do 'this', but google doesn't have the same spaces to put that info in! I've spent two days trying to make my business email work. Should have stayed with GoDaddy? Any of my apple devices. Can't make mail work no matter how hard I try.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 8:10 PM

curzon66 Said:

"Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow. I guess you mean call Google, as I'm just a sole proprietor of my business. Suggestions very much appreciated! Have a great evening, wherever you are!"

-------

You are welcome. Keep us posted with how things work out. I'm just an everyday Apple user, like yourself.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2023 8:10 PM in response to curzon66

curzon66 Said:

"Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow. I guess you mean call Google, as I'm just a sole proprietor of my business. Suggestions very much appreciated! Have a great evening, wherever you are!"

-------

You are welcome. Keep us posted with how things work out. I'm just an everyday Apple user, like yourself.

Feb 26, 2023 7:59 PM in response to curzon66

curzon66 Said:

"Setting up custom domain with icloud for email.: Apple says do 'this', but google doesn't have the same spaces to put that info in! I've spent two days trying to make my business email work. Should have stayed with GoDaddy? Any of my apple devices. Can't make mail work no matter how hard I try."

-------

Remove/Add the Account:

It is likely an issue with the mail protocol being misconfigured with the wrong port. Without getting too technical here, remove the eMail account, and then add it back. If you cannot configure this on your own, then speak with the network administrator, to know what protocols and post numbers to use.

Mail Protocols Include:

• IMAP4
  • POP3
  • SMTP

Feb 26, 2023 8:02 PM in response to TheLittles

Wow, thanks for the fast response! Much appreciated. At this point, I've started over, similar to what you've suggested and sent a verification email from iCloud to - somewhere. If that new email isn't working yet and waiting for a verification, how can I get it to verify it? Catch 22 which I read about yesterday when I started this project.

Feb 26, 2023 8:06 PM in response to curzon66

curzon66 Said:

"Setting up custom domain with icloud for email.: Wow, thanks for the fast response! Much appreciated. At this point, I've started over, similar to what you've suggested and sent a verification email from iCloud to - somewhere. [...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Business eMail:

Speak with the Network Administrator. They should have all the info you need. View a few videos on YouTube in regards to configuring all of this.

Feb 26, 2023 9:38 PM in response to curzon66

I started all over and when asked if I had an email already associated with my custom domain, I chose no, instead of yes. Clicked next and setup happened automatically in a minute or two. Seems have filled in all the blanks in Google, who is now hosting my domain. Should be easy from here! Thanks for the help and support!

Setting up custom domain with icloud for email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.