Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix the three beeps at start up

My Mac just beeps three times at start up and repeats. Is there a way to fix this? I remember I need to press a few buttons at start up but don’t remember.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 5:55 AM

Hi Jesustlife,

I take it you have a intel mac?

You might be talking about a PRAM reset, you do this by:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Press the power button, then immediately press and hold Command-Option-P-R at the same time.
  3. If your Mac normally chimes at startup, hold the keys until you hear a second chime. If it doesn’t, hold them for 20 seconds.
  4. Once your Mac starts up, check if the date and time are correct.

However, it sounds like your mac has found a hardware problem, take a look at this site to find out what the problem is. If your Mac beeps during startup – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 5:55 AM in response to Jesustlife

Hi Jesustlife,

I take it you have a intel mac?

You might be talking about a PRAM reset, you do this by:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Press the power button, then immediately press and hold Command-Option-P-R at the same time.
  3. If your Mac normally chimes at startup, hold the keys until you hear a second chime. If it doesn’t, hold them for 20 seconds.
  4. Once your Mac starts up, check if the date and time are correct.

However, it sounds like your mac has found a hardware problem, take a look at this site to find out what the problem is. If your Mac beeps during startup – Apple Support (UK)

How to fix the three beeps at start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.