Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share stops sharing content with my wife who is working abroad

Earlier this month my wife returned to Vietnam to work and take care of our grandchild, and as soon as she change her cell phone number her Family assignment of iCloud+ stopped working. I have seen help in the support page which suggested disconnecting her as a member and then reconnecting, and this works for about 24 hours and then stops working again. Is there a restriction through Apple that prevents family which reside in other countries to use the Share? Or is the reason for her disconnection issues a result of her ISP?

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 8:52 AM

Hi AB-mail65,

In order to use Family Sharing and have it work correctly, it does require all members to be in the same region to share services. More on Family Sharing can be found here: If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

If she changed the country/region of her Apple ID, then this is expected behavior: Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support. She’s now using a different App Store than you are.

Best regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 8:52 AM in response to AB-mail65

Hi AB-mail65,

In order to use Family Sharing and have it work correctly, it does require all members to be in the same region to share services. More on Family Sharing can be found here: If you can't find your family's shared content - Apple Support

If she changed the country/region of her Apple ID, then this is expected behavior: Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support. She’s now using a different App Store than you are.

Best regards.

Mar 1, 2023 10:53 AM in response to AB-mail65

Hi AB-mail65,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Even though the location has not been changed on the Apple ID, the location can be detected by IP address and would cause a conflict. In order to utilize the features of Family Sharing, your wife would need to have the same region and also be in the same region for the features to work. You can read the details in the terms and conditions.

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

Regards.

Mar 1, 2023 9:20 AM in response to SnickZ.

Actually, I asked if she had changed the country on her Apple ID login and she did not. She sent me a picture of her Apple login and it clearly says Canada. But the only thing I can surmise if that the ISP in Vietnam faults the login to ca/Apple.com. She did not install a VPN prior to going to Vietnam. However, my wife did change her phone number in her Apple account and this all started when she did that. But I suspect that Vietnam has significantly more stringent rules around content than in Canada. I know my wife has said prior to her leaving Vietnam they did not get recent movies.

Family share stops sharing content with my wife who is working abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.