Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing, Apple One, Not Working

I have Apple One and share this with 5 family members. For 4 people I share with this works perfectly.

I also share with my sister for whom it doesn’t work at all. She previously lived in USA but now lives in the UK, the same as the rest of us. I have tried removing and re-adding her to the family since she returned to the same country but it still does not work.

We spoke to an Apple employee who thought it was because “purchase sharing” was not turned on, but I read up and this is a different feature entirely. I can also confirm “subscription sharing” is turned on, and as previously mentioned works for everyone else.

I can only assume the issue is she use to live abroad but am unsure why it does not work now she has returned to the same country.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 3:26 PM

3 replies

Jun 26, 2022 6:03 AM in response to Chuck93

In what way exactly does it not work? She does not receive the invitation? You can't see her in Family Sharing? She can see it and everything is set up but the app does not work?

Your sister has changed the country settings on her account, logged out and back in again and restarted her device?

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Typical solutions for issues in adding a person are:

Try signing out of your account and back in again.

Try restarting devices involved.

Contact Apple and ask if they an tell you what this means, particularly if you see it repeatedly over a day or so:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family Sharing, Apple One, Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.