Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete admin user?

I created 3 admin accounts while migrating data on my MacBook Air 2020 but I only want to keep one admin account. I have gone through a lot of solutions but all the solutions were for older version of macOS. I am using macOS Ventura & user interfaces & option are completely changed. Could someone please help me to do this?

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:24 AM

Never mind, I got it.

I will just add the solution here.

First login as an admin user which you don't want to delete. Then :

> Go to System Settings

> Open Users & Groups

> Click on edit on Network account server

> Authenticate(if asks) & click on "Open Directory Utility"

> Go to Directory Editor

> There will be a lock icon just below Directory Editor text if you have not authenticated just click on it & write the username & password & authenticate

> Scroll down look for Name of the user(not User Name for me it was Rohit Kumar even though my username was different)

> Click on it & check the record name if it matches with the username you want to delete

> There will one "+" & "-" icon at the bottom. Click on "-" & remove.

This is it. Hopefully this will help you. Thanks.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 6:24 AM in response to blissinthedark

Never mind, I got it.

I will just add the solution here.

First login as an admin user which you don't want to delete. Then :

> Go to System Settings

> Open Users & Groups

> Click on edit on Network account server

> Authenticate(if asks) & click on "Open Directory Utility"

> Go to Directory Editor

> There will be a lock icon just below Directory Editor text if you have not authenticated just click on it & write the username & password & authenticate

> Scroll down look for Name of the user(not User Name for me it was Rohit Kumar even though my username was different)

> Click on it & check the record name if it matches with the username you want to delete

> There will one "+" & "-" icon at the bottom. Click on "-" & remove.

This is it. Hopefully this will help you. Thanks.

How to delete admin user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.