Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps pins

I’m attempting to rename a pin I have for a home location in Apple Maps on my iPhone. When I go into my favorite pins and click the i next to the pin I want to relabel, I type in the new name in the label section and click done and it reverts back to the original label (Home). It is not saving my custom label to my home pin. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:05 AM

First you should only have one "Home" because it has a special significance same as Work does. You will confuse Siri.

I typed over mine and they stayed so I don't know why you cannot. This is how it should work

1. Dispay Favorites in the Maps screen as above
  2. Tap More
  3. Swipe Left the other two Home entries that are not actually your Home to delete them
  4. Tap the X to close Favorites
  5. Drop a new pin on the map (which on my country saves as the postcode)
  6. Save as favorite
  7. Go to favorites and tap More
  8. Tap the (i)
  9. Type over the name "Mom & Dad"
  10. Tap Done

If that doesn't work then contact Apple Support directly because I can't think why not...

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  

or phone numbers  

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support or

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 3:05 AM in response to elginia

First you should only have one "Home" because it has a special significance same as Work does. You will confuse Siri.

I typed over mine and they stayed so I don't know why you cannot. This is how it should work

1. Dispay Favorites in the Maps screen as above
  2. Tap More
  3. Swipe Left the other two Home entries that are not actually your Home to delete them
  4. Tap the X to close Favorites
  5. Drop a new pin on the map (which on my country saves as the postcode)
  6. Save as favorite
  7. Go to favorites and tap More
  8. Tap the (i)
  9. Type over the name "Mom & Dad"
  10. Tap Done

If that doesn't work then contact Apple Support directly because I can't think why not...

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  

or phone numbers  

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support or

Apple Maps pins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.