Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Recently Deleted Folder in Photos

I can't find the Recently Deleted folder in the Photos app on my iPad Mini 6.

I've seen this posted several times a year ago or more, it is a new problem on my iPad Mini 6 and nothing currently posted is helpful.

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 10:22 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2023 11:13 AM in response to Kraftcop

Kraftcop wrote:

Well what do you know.... There it is. Why do they do that? Just let the folder be, empty or not.

It's a fairly standard user interface convention. It's just like in Outlook where there is no "Outbox" folder unless you have things waiting to be sent.

You can certainly let Apple know you'd like to see something different here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Feb 27, 2023 10:41 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Well what do you know.... There it is. Why do they do that? Just let the folder be, empty or not.

I knew I had deleted stuff but didn't know how long ago. I wanted to make sure I cleared the recently deleted folder before my backup because it will transfer the deleted photos too and I don't want to clutter my backup with things I've already sorted through and discarded.

Thank you so much for your quick reply and for solving the mystery.

No Recently Deleted Folder in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.