Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

in my sounds setting, the option for fixed volume controls is missing. I am on IOS 16.3.1 and I have the iPad Pro 4th gen 11-inch ; any help?

in my sounds setting, the option for fixed volume controls is missing. I am on IOS 16.3.1 and I have the iPad Pro 4th gen 11-inch ; any help?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 10:58 AM

Dynamic volume controls were introduced with release of iPadOS 15.4 onwards. For reasons known only to Apple, the ability to disable this feature is not available for any new models of iPad and iPad Pro that have since been launched - these models being:

• iPad Air5
  • iPad mini6
  • fourth generation iPad Pro 11”
  • sixth generation iPad Pro 12.9”
  • iPad10

This is documented within this recently updated Apple Support document:

Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support

Apple invite submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback pages. If you would like to see the ability to disable dynamic volume control functions for your iPad, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make your voice heard:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 10:58 AM in response to samchournos

Dynamic volume controls were introduced with release of iPadOS 15.4 onwards. For reasons known only to Apple, the ability to disable this feature is not available for any new models of iPad and iPad Pro that have since been launched - these models being:

• iPad Air5
  • iPad mini6
  • fourth generation iPad Pro 11”
  • sixth generation iPad Pro 12.9”
  • iPad10

This is documented within this recently updated Apple Support document:

Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support

Apple invite submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback pages. If you would like to see the ability to disable dynamic volume control functions for your iPad, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make your voice heard:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.