Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 15.7.3 and iPadOS 15.7.3

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iPhone 6s Plus iOS 13.7 , can’t update to iOS 15.7 help me

I have iPhone 6s Plus iOS 13.7, can’t update to iOS 15.7 help me

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 2:10 PM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2023 2:57 PM in response to Itsjustruong

Itsjustruong wrote:
I did download iOS 15.7.3 but can’t installed it

Try a Forced Restart and then try the update again. As an alternative, likely not needed, turn Airplane Mode on and then turn Wi-Fi on, it should update just like mine do. And keep the phone connected to power as the Wi-Fi will otherwise disconnect while sleeping.

Here is a reply from Axel Foley, a well respected member of the Apple Community+ group, about updating without a SIM.

Update - Apple Community

Feb 27, 2023 2:46 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob Timmons wrote:
The SIM card on your phone is missing.....therefore you have no cellular service. iOS will not update until you have a functional cellular connection.

Sorry, that is not correct. I have an iPhone SE 1st Gen which I use as an iPod to stream music and it has no SIM card. It is updated to 15.7.3 and I have had no issues with previous updates throughout the years. A SIM card is needed to activate the phone but once it is activated one is not needed. The iPhone will update through Wi-Fi. I normally keep the phone on airplane mode with Wi-Fi on, no issues whatsoever updating it. I also have an old iP7 and an old iP5, they update without a cellular connection to the max iOS allowed, 15.7.3 for the 7.

I have iPhone 6s Plus iOS 13.7 , can’t update to iOS 15.7 help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.