Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do my airdrop photos go - they're not in downloads folder?

Hi - when I airdrop photos from my iphone to my macbook, they used to appear in downloads folder but I can't see them there any more? When I click on the photo on my phone, I can see the airdrop symbol asking if I want to airdrop to my mac, I click on this and I can hear the little bell sound on my mac so I know it's on here somewhere (!) and on my phone it confirms the image has been 'sent' ...... but I don't know where it is ..... I've looked in photos and downloads. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 1:28 AM

• Airdrop between iPhone to Mac with the same Apple ID will get downloaded in Download Folder
  • Airdrop between iPhone to Mac with two different Apple IDs will either get downloaded on to Download Folder or the Photos App on the Mac.

Similar questions

2 replies

Where do my airdrop photos go - they're not in downloads folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.