Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers Personal Finance Check Register

I am trying to use the check register in Numbers the same way I have used Quicken in the past to track finances for helping with yearly tax prep. It gave the totals in the categories I had set up for 2022 on the Budget sheet. I set up a new sheet starting with this year's register hoping it would give a separate comparison with totals for the 2023 categories. All it is showing on the Budget sheet are the totals on the 2022 sheet and the same amounts/totals on the 2023 sheet. The new amounts are not coming up on the 2023 sheet. Is there a way to use this or another Numbers program to have an easy way to get figures for end-of-year tax prep?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 5:48 PM

Look at the formulas in the cells where the 2022 amounts are being displayed.

References in those formulas are likely to cells on the 2022 register sheet.

If your 2023 cells are showing the same results, the most likely cause/explanation is that they are getting the results from the same cells as the 2022 cells.

Revise the formulas to reference the cells on the correct table and things should work correctly.

A more precise answer would require a more detailed look at your tables (with sample data replacing the actual amounts).

Regards,

Barry

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2023 5:48 PM in response to ortbfan

Look at the formulas in the cells where the 2022 amounts are being displayed.

References in those formulas are likely to cells on the 2022 register sheet.

If your 2023 cells are showing the same results, the most likely cause/explanation is that they are getting the results from the same cells as the 2022 cells.

Revise the formulas to reference the cells on the correct table and things should work correctly.

A more precise answer would require a more detailed look at your tables (with sample data replacing the actual amounts).

Regards,

Barry

Regards,

Barry

Numbers Personal Finance Check Register

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.