Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorizing music when I have a subscription to Apple Music?

I continue to have issues with Apple Music asking me to authorize the use of certain songs on my MacBook, and still not playing them, asking me repeatedly to authorize, but I'm wondering now why I should have to authorize any music to play when I have a full Apple Music subscription and should be able to listen to any music on their catalog? It's true that I purchased the music in question, but I should be able to play this music even if I hadn't! So somehow my purchase of the music has made it impossible to play it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 12:52 AM

Hi,

When you get repeated requests to authorise music purchased from iTunes Store, it usually indicates that you have faulty downloads. Try removing download then re-download as 256 Kbps . With Apple Music you may be able to download lossless versions but they have DRM and will only be available whilst you have an active subscription. If you want to use the lossless versions, backup your original purchases..

Jim

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 12:52 AM in response to axelnelson

Hi,

When you get repeated requests to authorise music purchased from iTunes Store, it usually indicates that you have faulty downloads. Try removing download then re-download as 256 Kbps . With Apple Music you may be able to download lossless versions but they have DRM and will only be available whilst you have an active subscription. If you want to use the lossless versions, backup your original purchases..

Jim

Authorizing music when I have a subscription to Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.